Monday, March 31, 2008

Spocking it

A few years back, I was addicted to the OC. I felt really bad when it was defunct making it to its fourth season. Then I learned that its creator Josh Schwartz has come up with yet another flick which is the Gossip Girl which is a big hit on TV. So where did I learn about it? Spock.com - A Great Place for Search where I was directed to popular links connected to Gossip Girl.

Now I can include them on My People list and I could get the latest gossip about them and I could actively participate in our morning pre-work ritual that is gossiping about the Gossip Girl.

Okay wait, in an instant I have got so many info and photos of one of my fave sitcoms, Ugly Betty. This is really cool.

What’s good about this site is it’s not a plain search engine because here, you could already search on people and information based on their tags at MySpace, Wikipedia, LinkedIn, blog, and even on Google! This means that you will be presented with so many options. If you have created an account for Spock.com - A Great Place for Search you can include the links to account as My People that you can file under Save or Trusted. You could also put tags to some links. But with the Spock Power of tagging comes great responsibility. You could vote for or against a tag and pictures or you may also be voted for or against gaining or removing you of some Spock Power.

While Spock.com is not a social network, it still gives you a whole lot of options that include messaging, uploading photos and getting cool widgets. You could also invite your friends to join in your network by just importing contacts from your IM or YM list.

Spock.com really is a great place for people search.



Add to Technorati Favorites

0 comments: