Friday, March 21, 2008

PhotoHunt - Metal

I was thinking of posting my dorky picture wearing the metal headgear used to augment my dental braces but I changed my mind.
As I scan my files of pictures, I saw this one taken during our community health nursing a couple of years ago.
This piece of rusty metal is the primary source of water supply in one of the depressed rural areas in my country. Water used in cooking, drinking, bathing and basically in everything. The reason why GI problems are the main concern here.

So where do our taxes really go?

Add to Technorati Favorites

10 comments:

Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling said...

A water pump sort of thing? A real useful tool.
Yah, can't imagine life without water. Happy Easter!

Lynn said...

Let's ask J.Lo, he might know where the taxes go.

jams o donnell said...

Excellent photo.Sadly I can see why there is a high incidence of GI problems in some areas. Have a great weekend

Hootin Anni said...

The picture depicts some sadness too, doesn't it? It does for me.

Happy Easter [or happy weekend, if you don't observe the holiday], and if you can, drop by for my metal interpretation!!! See if you can guess what it is.

Sarge Charlie said...

Good Morning, I think this is something everyone needs to see. I am sure the "dorky" photo would have been nice also, Happy Easter

CRIZ LAI said...

I like your last sentence. Sometimes I wondered where the taxes have gone to when I see conditions like how you posted. Anyway, thanks for sharing with us :)

Hop in for some fun this weekend in http://crizcats.blogspot.com/2008/03/photo-hunters-metal.html and/or have a look what the metal teeth cat did in http://crizlai.blogspot.com/2008/03/photo-hunters-metal.html . Have a nice weekend!

Corey~living and loving said...

nice post for the theme. interesting source of water. so sad.

Anonymous said...

That was quite a visual contrast for me -- you in braces and the children surrounding the water pump -- source of necessary water and unnecessary parasites. Very good post.

LibertyBelle said...

super photo - makes me thankful for the tap in the kitchen.
Happy weekend
L

Barbara said...

Good post for the theme, its good to show what it is really like for some people.