Friday, March 21, 2008

Evicted

When I moved into my sister's house over a year ago, I got to occupy the master bedroom.
Now that brother-in-law (BIL) has successfully installed our new a/c in that room, I was evicted. Hahaha. Such a strong word. We just have to swap rooms. They're four going on five since sis is on her way.
Seriously, I had to move out since we've got a new a/c was for the little ones. It's summer and this season causes nosebleeding spells to my eldest niece.
Basically I'm cold blooded so I'm fine with electric fan. And besides, smaller room would mean smaller space to mess up.
So what's the relationship between summertime and epistaxis (medical term for nosebleed)?
summer time means hotter environment. Nosebleeds can occur spontaneously when the nasal membranes dry out and crack. This is common in dry climates, or during the winter months when the air is dry and warm from household heaters (www.medicinenet.com)

Myth vs. Fact:

If you get a nosebleed, sit down and lean slightly forward. Keeping your head above your heart will make your nose bleed less. Leaning back or tilting the head back allows the blood to run back into your sinuses and throat and can cause gagging or inhaling the blood .
Use your thumb and index finger to squeeze together the soft portion of your nose. Keep holding your nose until the bleeding stops. Don't let go for at least 5 minutes. If it's still bleeding, hold it again for 10 minutes straight (www.medicinenet.com).

photosource: www.nlm.nih.gov

Add to Technorati Favorites

0 comments: