Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Final Bout

(please hop down a couple of posts for my Weekend Snaphots)

Okay so now you’d probably known. Our very own Manny Pacquiao beat Jose Manuel Marquez in a boxing match in Las Vegas today.
Boxing is the favorite sport of Filipinos. How did I say that? Whenever there’s an international boxing match that involves a Filipino boxer, the road is clear. This is not an exaggeration. It will be hard for you to catch a ride when the game is on.
People in all walks of life are anxious to see how professional boxers beat each other down. All eyes are glued on TV.
But I’m not one of them. I don’t find enjoyment in seeing people being punched until their eyes got inflamed or their noses got broken or their lips oozed with blood.
Well anyway, the whole country is rejoicing and I don’t want to be a wet blanket.
It’s his moment and for what it's worth, kudos Manny (before I get smacked by my Dad)!

photo source: www.boxrec.com

Add to Technorati Favorites

3 comments:

Liz said...

nice post nicole. i'm not a fan of manny though, but i'm glad he won. ^_^

mommy's little corner

Sarge Charlie said...

top o de morning to you, I like boxing as a sport,

Aisha said...

you're not alone. i'm not into boxing either. hehe