Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Notice to explain

Last quarter last year, there was a scheduled uniform fitting in the office. I intentionally did not submit myself to any of the fitting sessions for personal reasons.
Today, I got an e-mail (actually my team leader and the other team) from the HR that I am among those who need to go to the office tomorrow for the uniform fitting otherwise a Notice-to-Explain memo will be served. Oh crap! it's my effin' restday tomorrow and I'm off to run school errands.
For a change, they have just decided to get the RTW (ready to wear) ones than having it "tailor made". I heard that the sizes are small, medium, large and so on... Good part of this new scheme is that you can immediately see which set would fit you "best" unlike before that you have to wait a gazillion years before you could see what the couturier have "conjured" and then wait for another gazillion years if you were unfortunate to get the "UNtailor made" and have the entire set altered to fit.
My fear in this new scheme though is that I'm always in between extra small and small or small and medium. I want my garments tailored fit. Which I have mentioned in my earlier blog that did not work for me in the past gazillion years of my stay in the company. Measure here, measure there and will end up messed up anyway.
I know I'm far from being fashionista but I really don't like the designs of our uniform. I don't care really if it's my work benefit or privilege, but I'd rather shell out some pennies and get my clothes from the sweatshop and be in style and comfortable. It's not a question of being a conformist. I don't mind wearing uniform and blend in the crowd. I just don't effin' like the stylist's taste, if I may call him/her that.
IMAO, it's a whole waste of money for the company to subsidize my uniforms cost if I will not be wearing them anyway.

Add to Technorati Favorites

1 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

Good golly. That sounds so intrusive. I hope tomorrow is quick and painless for you.

Thanks for visiting today. I do enjoy your blog and look forward to the memes that bring us in contact!