Thursday, January 10, 2008

Raising the bar on customer service

I have a very thick, wavy and frizzy hair.
That is why I don't go to expensive salons for a hair cut because I’m not willing to throw away some serious cash just to get a good hair for a day.
After a tiring errand running day, which I was not able to finish by the way because the school of schmucks closed at 4 pm, I decided to get a foot spa and a hair cut at a salon near the jeepney station to our home.
I had my foot spa in that salon before.
Before the girl started to work on my feet, I clearly explained to her what I just want her to do to my toe nails. No removal of in-grown nails and she just had to cut them straight. I kept on repeating this instruction to her for the fear that she might forget. My goodness, she actually forgot and shaped toe nails oval! I was so disappointed but I was not mad. She kept on apologizing. I just told her that she should learn how to follow instructions.
Then I said I will be getting a hair cut. The receptionist/cashier asked me to sit and she will just call me once a hairstylist becomes available. I said okay. But 15 minutes had passed and no one approached me. So I went to the counter and told them to cancel it and I will just pay for the foot spa. Then the receptionist/cashier exclaimed, "Ma'am sorry po nakalimutan ko kayong tawagin. Meron na pong available" (I forgot to call you there's already an available hairstylist). Then I said, no it's okay I'm already late for the church.
So I went out and headed to the church. After the sermon, I told myself that I really need to get a haircut so I went inside a salon. The woman said that the hairstylist is yet to have his dinner (that's around 9 pm already) so I said okay I'll just go to another salon.
I walked the long street towards our home and I passed by another salon. Luckily, there's an available hairstylist who happened to be the manager.
He asked one assistant to shampoo my hair which I found odd since it's already past 9:00 pm and I will just be sleeping after the hair cut. But I just gave in anyway.
Then the manager snipped my hair for a little less than five minutes then he asked another assistant to blow my hair dry.
While this assistance was doing my hair, I was staring at what he's doing. After about 15 minutes, he said in a very nice way “Ma'am pasensha na po kayo, baka po naiinip na kayo. Ang kapal ksi ng buhok ninyo eh (Ma'am I'm really sorry. Blow drying your hair really takes a lot of time because of your thick hair). I laughed because I was just waiting for him to complain how he was getting tired because my hair was so thick but then he was the one apologizing. I'm used to parloristas (hairstylists) complaining how thick my hair was and that they tell me that my hair is actually good for 2 persons already. This assistant is different. The whole people at the salon were all friendly that I have decided to get my hair rebonded there soonish. (I still have to save up for it)
Now this is what I call, excellent customer service.

p.s. Joie called me up this afternoon inviting me to go surfing this weekend in Zambales.
I told her I'm so there!!!!!!

Add to Technorati Favorites

0 comments: