Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The party pooper

Yesterday when I woke up, I felt my stomach rumbling and as I hit the restroom, I knew there’s something wrong.

I was thinking what did I eat the night before that morning? Just a cup of creamy macaroni soup from a fastfood, rice and a stick of fried fish roll. I blamed the illness on the soup since none in our house complained of upset stomach from eating the rice and the fish roll.

This was the worst diarrhea I’ve ever had. I had 3 trips to the bathroom while I was in the office. Good thing that no one gets in restroom during those trips because the sound and the smell were not good (excuse me for saying these). I did not eat anything the whole time I was in the office. I just contained myself with a bottle of Gatorade.

My shift ended at 10 pm and I immediately went out of the office because I need to beat the firecracker rush in our place. It took me about 10 minutes to get a cab. When I was in the cab, I noticed that the driver was wearing a sando and the cab was not the usual one. He drove as if he owns the road. I was kinda worried until we passed the Sto. Domingo Church and he did the sign of the cross. I felt relieved because I knew he has God who he fears.

As we enter the street leading to our house, the driver had a hard time getting through because people are actually lighting firecrackers on the street. I had to get out on the last corner to our home because it was blocked, As soon as I got off the cab, someone lit a firecracker and I just screamed: Oh my God!

Then the policemen on standby at the police station just smiled at me and greeted me: Happy New Year! I greeted back Happy New Year! Aren’t you supposed to be arresting these people? These firecrackers are illegal!
After ou
r prayer at around 11:00 pm, I went inside my room and did not notice that I dozed off. I just felt awful. I woke up at 1:00 am to hit the restroom again! Up until now, my stomach is rumbling.

So while all the people in the neighborhood are busy making noises with their

firecrackers, I was also busy suppressing my own noise of explosion!

I just learned that my niece and Manang’s daughter also are having upset stomach. We now blame it on the fish roll.


photo sources: jollibee.com and digitalheadbutt.files.wordpress.com

Add to Technorati Favorites

0 comments: