Friday, January 25, 2008

PhotoHunt: Old-Fashioned


Believe it or not, this cash register still works. Old fashioned to me means vintage. Old school.
That thing was used in my friend's grandfather's Chinese Restaurant circa 1950s. The restaurant still serves authentic Chinese deli not the typical dumpling you'll find in every corner. She said that this requires four people to be moved from one place to another.
My favorite restaurant (for their Benguet coffee and cheap but delicious meals) in Baguio City still uses this type of cash register. It's 456 Restaurant on Session Road.
Thank you Mitch for being my slave in getting this photo!
It makes me feel that I'm still in Baguio.

Add to Technorati Favorites

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

now that is very old fashioned!!!:) Nice take on this weeks theme!

Anonymous said...

Whoa! That is indeed old. But I did see on early in life. I remember having seen one in one of the grocery stores owned by my family. Well, it's not there now but it was used during it's starting days.

Hootin Anni said...

I LOVE this!!!! What a great 'old fashioned'.

Mine is posted, I hope you can drop by. I love visitors. Happy weekend.

Jientje said...

That is beautiful, I love it!

Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling said...

@_@ wow! I'm amazed that it still works.
One thing I'm sure is that any robber that tries to steal that register is one big GOON!! It looks heavy!!!!
Its Not a Weekend;It's a Lifestyle

Lynn said...

Galing ah, this still works. Antique!

larawannabe said...

hoho! that's not just old-fashion but vintage to boot! i think my uncle, who used to run a restaurant, owned one too, but maybe an upgraded version. dunno what happened to it tho.

Mine's here

Utah Mommy said...

Oh wow i love to try that very old machine. And you said it's still works? wow! That's amazing! Great shot! Happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

Oh thats antique and good choice for the theme.

ellen b. said...

That is fabulous! happy hunting...

Anonymous said...

Amazing old cash register. Much more interesting than the sleek ones of today. Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend!

Jersey - The Furry Diva said...

Oh, I love that cash-register - glad to hear it still works =)

jams o donnell said...

Wow that has seen a lot of use. Great choice for this week's theme

Anonymous said...

Wow- what a great picture! I love it!!

Anonymous said...

that is really really cool!!!