Sunday, January 27, 2008

Feeling under the weather

I arrived at our home at around 9:00 pm last night from Puerto Galera.
My skin felt flushed and I'm barking coughing like a dog.
My head was throbbing. So I popped paracetamol and also to prevent impending pyrexia.
When I woke up this morning, I'm feeling body malaise. I'm still coughing like an active volcano that' about to emit lava.
I called our Bridge Management group to advise that i'll be taking sick leave (SL). The girl on the other line said she'll call me back. After about 30 minutes my cell rang the girl on the other line told me that I am only allowed by the effin’ OIC to take halfday SL
I was not able to control my disbelief and began with my litany that last year, I was able use only 2.5 SL credits out of 17. I don't think my availability is in question here. I'm not even on the hotlist of perennial offenders.
She said that she can't do anything about it because she's just following orders from the OIC and if I want to avail of the SL for the last half I'd still have to call around 4:00 PM. I said. to advise what? that I'm still sick? I'm telling you now that I'm sick and you don't believe me. She pretended to hear nothing and yacked on the reference number for the SL advise. That's when I said. I don't' care then I hung up.
I wish they were robots. No heart, no compassion. Then it will be pretty comprehensible.

Add to Technorati Favorites

0 comments: