Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Morning sniffles attack No. 1

I changed my blog name from NaRs’ Notes to Morning Sniffles.
Nars is the Pinoy term for nurse. Yeah, I’m a registered nurse but not practicing though. If I’d be given a chance, I’ll do.
Why Morning Sniffles? Simply because while others yawn when they wake up in the morning, I sneeze. This is the indicator that I’m awake already. It usually wears out toward the midday but in worst occasions it will last until I retire in the evening. It’s also almost always being triggered by smoke, dust and too much humidity.
I have been nominated in the office during our Christmas Party for a category referring to person who has the most number of sneeze made in a day.
Antihistamine has been prescribed to me (Singulair) to be taken at bedtime. But I don’t pop it in religiously same is true with my Propanolol. I don’t have plans of keeping perpetual relationship with medicines. I will take them prn (as very much needed)

They are for babies. I’m paranoid about my kidneys and liver.
Today is one of those worst occasions and I forgot my Singulair at home.
I went to our clinic and was given with Alnix. The pharmacist said it will cause dizziness so I take it in the evening. Geez, I’m sneezing like hell and I can take the meds later?
I popped one. After a while I felt groggy. I snoozed for a while and I felt better.
As I have said in my banner, I can’t get away from it so I’m dealing with it. It can also be a metaphor of what my life actually is. It’s never a walk in the park but I’m embracing it.
My life and my morning sniffles.

Add to Technorati Favorites

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the new name sis. You sneeze like a kitty. It should be kitty sniffles, he! he! Miss you guys! So happy with your Page Rank, keep going. Thanks for all the help. :-)

Hey it's Amy Benson said...

Hmmm my husband also sneezes every morning. I am used to it, but glad it is not me! Cute title for you! :)

Anonymous said...

i have allergic rhinitis too and was prescribed alnix. thats how i found your blog. i wanted to read up on it. anyway, morning sniffles is a cute name but here's my 2 cents: you might wanna change it to something else. its like your embracing the condition. when you embrace it, chances are, it wont go away. ive had mine for the longest time as well but there are times when its not as bad. so... good luck!