Sunday, January 13, 2008

Weekend Snapshot 19 - Chocolate Hills

This picture was taken one weekend a couple of years ago during our Team Celebration Program in Bohol, Philippines.
In the background are Bohol's famous Chocolate Hills.
The Chocolate Hills are composed of around 1,268 perfectly cone-shaped hills of about the same size, spread over an area of more than 50 square kilometers.

Sorry chocoholics but they aren't made of chocolates.
Towards the end of the dry season the grass, which grows all over the Chocolate Hills dies off and turns brown. This leaves the Bohol Chocolate Hills a burnt or dark brown color, hence the name Chocolate Hills.
(Sources: Wikipedia and www.philippines-travel-guide.com).

The pole I was clinging to read: May peace prevail on earth

Have a great week ahead y’all!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been there too:) Nice photo!

Carver said...

That's a gorgeous shot and I love the inscription of the pole you were hanging on. You look great.

SandyCarlson said...

Those hills are so perfect. This is a fascinating view. I have seen such peace poles in Connecticut.

maryt/theteach said...

naR, great shot of unusual hills...thanks for sharing. Mine's up at http://maryt.wordpress.com

Natalie said...

What a fun name for the group of hills!

Liz said...

I haven't been to Bohol, ganada pala talaga.

Anonymous said...

Great shot of the not-so chocolate hills, lol. Have a great week ahead.

**"Liza"** said...

lol stop hugging that pole..;) great shot here..ohh never been there but I would like to visit Bohol when I go home..;)

Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling said...

LOL!! When I first read "chocolate" hill I went "wow"!! Den I read further and went into "ooohhhhh"..

HartofDixie said...

No doubt Bohol is a wonderful place. Would love to visit there one day. Lovely photo!
Happy WS!

eastcoastlife said...

You got me! I thought they were hills of chocolate! argh.

I have to ask my Filipino friends bring me to visit them when I go to the Philippines.

Sharon said...

That is a nice picture and the info was interesting, thanks! I like what the peace pole says.

Pretty Life Online said...

nice post! mine's up too... Have a great day!

Gledwood said...

That is wonderful scenery...

and what a name for your blog!

I like it...

Anonymous said...

What a great view...Never been there yet!!!