Thursday, November 8, 2007

Two-rsday

I went to church this evening for the midweek congregation. And unfortunately, I got the seat in between two major distractions.

Distraction(s) number 1:

On my left were 2 ladies in their early thirties who kept on talking, as in talking NOT whispering to one another about their partners, children and how they got in to the church (the talking is loud enough that I heard every bit of it as the church keyboard/organ served as their background while they catch up on each other’s life. They only shut their pie holes during prayers and when the minister delivered the sermon. Okay, so why didn’t I blow the whistle? Because I was in the church and I’m supposed to do good. I speak my mind so I’d rather zip it than pick a fight on someone unintentionally (?). You see, the last time I asked chit chatters to shush, I was mocked and if the girls then did not stop saying bad things about me within an earshot, I could have been in a cat fight.

Do we really have to ask the people in church to keep quiet to keep the solemnity of the moment? I think that this is already out of the question since first off, one MUST observe silence. It’s not even a library that you could whisper something to someone else. In church, you should not be talking to anyone. You should only talk to God (or whoever superior for the lack of better word, being you are worshipping).

Distraction number 2:

On my right, I saw the most horrifying feet any foot fetish could imagine.

I love to look at pretty feet. Aside from teeth, feet are the ones I immediately check out on a person (of course if he/she wears sandals, slipper or peep-toes).

So imagine what I felt when I saw claw-length toe nails with matching red nail polish! Geez! I really don’t get the point why ladies have to grow their toenails long and shape them like triangles. Ladies please, the more you let the mani/pedicurist dig into your in-growns the deeper it will grow back. So many magazines and even health pros advised, cut your nails across and not in anyway.

Kampai!

Poor man's Nicole Richie

0 comments: