Monday, November 19, 2007

Perpetual, Moot and academic, Pig in a poke and lots of smileys

Today is one of the most exhausting days. I had mandatory recommended one-hour overtime before and after my shift (total of 2 hours). For the past months, the minimum OT I rendered on regular working day is 3 hours and I even reported for work on my day offs but I did not feel tired then.
I don't know maybe our subscribers are just exhausting to deal with. They still buy the crap that CUSTOMERS ARE ALWAYS RIGHT. They seem to be impossible. At times, I want to scream at their faces: why don't you try establishing your own company and see if you could grant the same request to your subscriber?
Ugh! Schmuck!
The first e-mail I got? I handled it for a whopping 1 hour and 20 minutes. He's not disgruntled but his litany is a soft sell of his dissatisfaction with the way his previous concerns were handled by one of our branches down south.
E-mail is legally binding document so we need to be very careful in handling every transaction. So it only means that you have to have the super power to joggle quality and quantity without compromising any of them.
On a regular 8-hour shift, an agent is expected to reap 47 e-mails. Today, like any other day, I was not able to hit the marker which will be the understatement of the year because I only finished 26 transactions in my entire 10-hour stay in the office! Yet again, I feel so tired.

I have been shooting e-mails to several departments with lots of smileys in between my regular e-mail transactions. Follow throughs need to be done because my ass name, which I sign in every rejoinder I send to subscribers, is at stake. I choose to add smiley almost every after paragraph in order for me not to “sound” arrogant. I have copied my boss the communications I have sent to these departments. Two of the recipients of my e-mail responded in an assuming manner that our team were just sitting ducks. I think they hit my team leader’s nerve so she shot one an e-mail right smack in the middle!

She is the only team leader in our office that can use perpetual, moot and academic and pig in a poke in one sentence. And when she opens her mouth every body’s noses bleed and nobody dares to rebut. Love it!

Hohum…

I'm also starving. I only had half slice of bagel for breakfast and a yogurt for dinner. My teeth ache and I'm having a hard time masticating. My mind aches. My stomach aches. My right ear aches. I passed by a jerk playing with firecrackers.

Just shoot me!
I think I have to sleep all these soreness over.

Poor man's Nicole Richie

2 comments:

Gellianne said...

Mwahha,ha,ha! I've found you. Nice blog already with so much content!

Keep going!

Sophie said...

Galing mo kapatid! Keep it up! I love your style! I really, really do and not because I love you, it's because you've got talent. Don't worry i won't tell NOT a single soul about this secret blog of yours. Your secret is safe with me. ;-)