Saturday, November 17, 2007

Divi...divi...diva!

I went to Divisoria late this morning to buy a (white fabric) for my volunteer work. As expected, traffic was horrendous. From stop 'n Shop, which is just one kembot (slang for very near) away from Divi, it took me an hour to reach my destination. I set my foot on the bargain hunter's Mecca at past 1:00 pm already. I passed by the mall (that I honestly I did not know is the Tutuban Mall) and went straight to a murky and stinky place thinking that I would get what I need there at a cheaper price [US Klopman/Clothman(I don’t' know which is the right term for the garment because at the store where i bought it, is was tagged Klopman but in Tutuban is says Clothman)]. Only to find out that the price (P50.00/yard) is the same as the ones sold at Tutuban Mall.
Schmuck!
Before I went there, I told myself that it is not shopping time yet. Although you have extra moolah on hand, you are NOT allowed to buy anything except for the fabric and a pair of skinny jeans (hehehe). I almost succeeded, except that the nice flat shoes are on sale for measly P170/pair. It's the store's closing out sale. Okay I saw the shoes before I roamed around Tutuban and found no match in terms of design and price so I bought a red pair for me and brown slip ons for my Ate.
I remember last Thursday morning when we were going to church, ate is complaining about her achy feet because she and her husband were stranded the night before and had to walk some serious distance and she has no comfy shoes to wear to church. Well rationalized I suppose. Ate loved it!
Trip out of Tutuban is far better. I walked myself to the part of the road where the jeepneys are moving to avoid getting stuck because I have an appointment with my dentist. Good thing I was wearing skort (shorts in skirt) and flipflops so it was a walk in a polluted park (hachoo!).
I'm so happy with what I've purchased...Oh I also bought undergarments to match the uniform for the volunteer work. You know Pinays are very conservative in terms of wearing white stuff....hahaha so not me!
And the best part of my outdoor trip was I've got myself Wendy's Shrimp Sandwich combo that I have upgraded to the addicting Light Iced Tea and Biggie fries. Pigging out after ortho visit? That is so me!

Poor man's Nicole Richie

0 comments: