Monday, November 12, 2007

Shall I dance?

Did I act on impulse? I signed up for our company’s Christmas party song and dance competition. I was excited when I asked my colleague to put me on the list but when I read my name in the e-mail advisory, it started to creep on me!

Modesty aside, I know I can dance. I have joined our school presentations in gradeschool and highschool not so long ago (har-har-har). Back when I have 100% confidence in my “dancing prowess”. My self esteem crumbled when I entered college. I felt that I was the most stupid, the poorest and the ugliest person ever lived. A Bambi.

Taking the corporate ladder made me pick up the pieces of my shattered personality and though it is yet to be completed, I know that I could take on challenges such as this but I need some smacking pushing…

Considering that I was able to stand act as a villain in our Trick or Treat for the kids and contributed to the success of our floor in bagging the grand prize, I know that I could pull this off. I must pull this off.

I really love to dance and a girl’s got to do what a girl’s got to do.

There’s no turning back. I won’t chicken out. I won’t be a baby. All I need right now is a good pair of dancing shoes.

For so many days now, I have been searching on eBay for one but no luck yet.

Oh crap! I need to get in new comfy and flashy ones before the rehearsals start.

Kampai!

Poor man's Nicole Richie

0 comments: