Sunday, November 11, 2007

Gearing for 168

I’m not a morning person. I sleep late therefore I need to wake up late. But what excites me in having morning shift is I get to listen to Li’l Man Guile on the radio (in the office). At 12 years old, he rocks the DJ job hosting and playing music. He’s a typical schoolboy who’s hooked on PSPs, internet, cell phones and cars. This morning I LOLd when I hear him converse with the older DJ about kids doing crazy and dangerous stuff. Like sticking their fingers into an electric socket. The older DJ asked, if they ever get hurt or if the one who did it died. Guile said, we’re kids, we have nine lives. Adding that adults die easily in an accident because they already have consumed their eight lives when they were young. Hahahaha.

Guile is so witty and adorable. If I had a child, I want it to be a boy and I want him to be exactly like Guile.

***

For the first time in gazillion years, our team hit the ON-TIME marker today but why I’m not happy? Simply because zero backlog means zero over time requirement. I told myself and everyone else in the office that I’ll be killing myself rendering OT until November 15th. This is because I'm dreading to visit the ever famous 168 mall on December 10th to shop around. A couple of my officemates promised to go with me. I've heard that it's a bargain hunter's haven. Since I’m just a minimum-wage earner, my one thousand bucks would go a long way and would definitely give me myalgia carrying my loot bags. Oh poor man’s Nicole Richie! (wink wink).

Okay, so December 10th is like a decade from now, but I’m really excited. Ever since I sent myself to nursing school, my priorities were changed.

I have been running on a budget and at times can’t even get a budget to run on that I can’t even afford to get myself anything from a sweatshop even when it’s on sale.

[You see sweatshops (ukayukay) are very rampant here in the Philippines. Everywhere you turn your head, you will surely find one].

Complaining much? Never! For a fact, I know that I’m not alone in this situation. There are a handful of poor souls in the office (hahahaha) and we just mock ourselves for it and laugh away our financial problems.

One thing I’m happy about is I have learned how to control my urges to shop. I have long murdered and buried the impulsive buyer in me. Glad that it has no plans of reincarnating because it has no nine lives!


Kampai!

Poor man's Nicole Richie

0 comments: