Monday, May 5, 2008

Heads or Tails

This one's very timely because mother's day is on Sunday.
Unlike most of the children we grew up with, we don't have a mom to greet on this special day.
Yeah, we were abandoned when I was in 6th grade.
Although her reasons are a puzzle to me, I never heard my parents fight but anyway I decided not to bother about it.
We lived and we survived without her.
On this special occasion I wish to salute all the mother who stuck with their families despite the adversaries. I mean they chose to stay with their husbands and children not necessarily living with them but keeping in touch checking on them regularly.
I am not an advocate of "till-death-do-us-part" or "i-don't-want my-kids-to-grow-up-in-a-broken-home" reason of not leaving a husband and chose to be miserable.
But I am singling out those mothers who have found happiness in building a family, even as a SAHM or a WAHM or a working mom. Who don't mind getting up in the unholy hours of the morning comforting their children when they are sick. Who sit with their children giving them pep talk asking them for their highs and low in school or work.
I would like to share this song to all the great mom's in the world. This one always gives me chills down to my spine.



click HERE

Add to Technorati Favorites

5 comments:

Juliana RW said...

great post. I am WAHM :D

My mother story in here thanks

Barb said...

Thank you for sharing this part of you with us. The video was amazing..

Rambler said...

thanks for sharing this ..happy mothers day to you..

Misty DawnS said...

Great post. I have no contact with my biological mother, so my post is about my grandmother who raised me.

Raven said...

Well said. Nice video too.