Monday, May 5, 2008

Sound check

I was browsing through our corporate website yesterday and I found out that there’s our branch in Baguio City (where I finished college) is in need of frontline officers. It just crossed my mind, what if I transferred there? Suddenly, I missed the city where I grew up emotionally and I would like to believe psychologically.

I miss college life. Those sleepless nights we had preparing for our broadcast productions. How we embraced to be goofs improvising sound effects when there are limited resources just to please our professor.

Students and production crew nowadays are very lucky because they could readily Download Sounds from the internet. The sound effects in WAV, MIDI and other multimedia format make it easy for the production people to give dramatic effect to their plays, shows, concerts movies etc. Even cell phone ringtones can be purchased online. Categories now not just limited to animals or insects or thunderstorms. The horizon has been broadened from interface sounds, natural ambience to transitions and movements upto Sci-Fi and fantasy.

These sounds are mixed in genius fashion so it appears pretty natural and at some point enigmatic.

Yay, so I got carried away, because I tried the free ElectroRock sound. It’s a combination of Rock elements combined with Electronic dance music. It’s really cool!

From small files to larger than life ones can be procured safely and conveniently on the word wide web.

Add to Technorati Favorites

0 comments: