Friday, May 2, 2008

PhotoHunt - Time


It's great to be back after two weeks of hiatus.
To make up, I have two entries for the week's theme:


This time piece has been around since circa '40s and it still works. Time indicated there how late Mitch went home from chillin' out with friends.



The last two were taken from the office window on May 1.
May 1 is a non-working holiday for "normal" people. It's Labor Day. The time of the year dedicated to Filipino laborers and they are given a day off from work.
Since call center dudes are not "normal" we were in the office.
May is supposed to be summertime but it rained.
And another thing, it's a belief that the first rain in the month of May cures so it's the most awaited time of the year for the old folks who want to get healed. Either they frolic in the rain or just catch some water from the sky or from the gutter and make use of it.

Add to Technorati Favorites

9 comments:

Sarge Charlie said...

double duty, ok, mine will be up later.

jams o donnell said...

Nice shots. I used to be a shift worker.. I used to worked far more public holidays than I took off. Have a great weekend

CRIZ LAI said...

Wow.. that clock looked antique. :)

http://crizcats.blogspot.com/

Lynn said...

Place is familiar. Anyway, I appreciate summer rain. :)

Hootin Anni said...

You can't beat a 'day off' if you ask me! LOL

My photo hunt is something you'd like to view I'm sure. Like Birds? Come on over-----

imac said...

Great Time Posts.

come and visit the time in paris.

Powell River Books said...

That's a really interesting shot in the rain. Too bad you didn't get some "time" off on the holiday.

I chose a different kind of look at time. Click here to find out. – Margy

Anonymous said...

I love the shot of the rain and learning about the healing tradition. That's a nice tradition, even if you are tired of the rain! ;)

Sorry you had to work on the holiday. I used to work all the holidays too. Bummer. Hope your computer is feeling better soon.

Tokenhippygirl said...

Then we were lucky here in Oregon on May 1... it rained. :-) Happy Hunting!