Saturday, April 12, 2008

Ready to make nice?

This week I have given with my Performance Appraisal for 2007. It's basically the same with my last year's PA but this time, I don't feel furious although the highest grade a staff got on the floor was a freakin' 98.99%.
Yeah, this is when I feel unworthy of standing next to her.
While I did not mess up with my work performance last year, I should say that I managed to be on the average, ergo that light feeling for the same grade I got.
I am pleased to learn though that some of my teammates are having disbelief about it. I just told them to let go because I did.
Anyway, the word that came from my boss that moved and surprised me is the fact that she still wants me to consider a career on the floor. Meaning, I might be next in line if.... This was the dream I have given up a gazillion years ago before I took my second college degree.
She did not sugar coat anything and told me what was the major factor that hinders my "upgrade".
I need to be "likable". Smile to everyone and everything that moves especially the tall trees.
Before the talk, I have been chitchatting with some acquaintances (some are my contemporary who are now supervisors) not for anything else but because I feel that they deserve my attention. This is not about pride. I'm the type of person who won't talk first to a stranger or to an acquaintance. I'm the greetee not the greeter. Again, not about pride.
I'm a snob for some but my friends are always getting a side stitch from me goofing around. Because I am basically a clown.
I guess things are not really that way.
Bend down a little bit lower and you'll climb up a little higher or even leap to a higher notch .
I don't have qualms about people like these but it's just that, it's not my personality to be an office charmer.
I think my boss and I we're on the same boat there.
Brain without charm.
So, am I ready to make nice?
IDTS.

Add to Technorati Favorites

0 comments: