Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Compliments and the balance of life

Today, I took a day off to run two errands:

1. I volunteered for the Philippine Heart Center's People's Day
2. and another one for a private hospital (it's still a secret, coz I don't wanna pre-empt it)

I met new volunteers at the PHC. We did FBS and cholesterol counts and ran ECG on some patients.
During our chitchats, one of the volunteers tried to guess my age.....she guessed that I'm 24. Woohoo!!!!
The free clinic ended up around 12:30 pm. I hurriedly headed for my next errand at another hospital in a nearby city. The appointment was 2:00 pm and I was able to make it on the dot. Hurray!
It ended around 4:00 pm. I took G Liner bus to Quiapo still wearing my volunteer uniform.
As I handed my bus ride fare to the conductor, he asked: estudyante ka? (Are you a student?). I want to ask him back: Is there a hidden camera somewhere? Am I being Punked?
Well, the conductor asked because the student and senior citizen's 20 % discounted fare is implemented nationwide.
His honest question really made my day that I was not able to feel bad finding out that I did not pass the entrance exam to another hospital. I was expecting it any way.
It's life's equilibrium. I guess.

p.s. I pigged out at Wendy's again.

photo source: Bus a Bus photos

Add to Technorati Favorites

0 comments: