Monday, February 25, 2008

Weighing options

Although I'm not financially in distress I am still galactic distance from being well off.
I am maintaining just one credit card out of 4. That's BPI. This is not a paid post. I'm just pleased the way BPI continuously practicing old school banking. They would not penalize you for late payment just as long as you pay your due before your next cut off. Cool eh? The revolving interest is also low. I don't compute it but comparing the interest with SCB, theirs is the best.
February-March is the first quarter installment madness where your purchasing power would be three times your credit limit.
I have talked about my dying PC. I got this also some three years ago through BPI installment madness also. It signals that it needs replacement already. The geriatrics takes a gazillion years to boot and to open programs or files.
My officemate got himself already an Acer Aspire notebook through BPI also. Thirty thousand pesos payable in a year. Eighty Gig, dual core, 512MB RAM, DVD ROM and other features that I can't digest already. I'm not techie. Lecture me about make up, clothes or medical stuff, I think I could catch up but Computer 101? You could sense an impending aneurysm.
Another reason why I want to get a notebook is that I want to do school stuff in my idle time at the office or even during breaks in school. But since I was able to install the program that I need in to my office desktop, I am having second thoughts in getting one.
I'm considering bringing my CPU to its authorized service center for them to perform CPR on it. And if the prognosis is poor, then I will just close my eyes and swipe the powerful plastic.
For some reason, I became allergic to debts. Did I just evolve into a mature being in terms of handling my finances? I'd like to think so. I was in financial turmoil last year. Almost lost my mortgaged house. I think I'm having PTSD.
I'm 75% not buying a notebook and 25% go-get-it-tiger feeling as of this writing.

Add to Technorati Favorites

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm allergic to debt too. We never charge more than we can afford to pay off when our bills arrive.
I love my laptop- I always thought a regular CPU was better- but now that I'm used to a laptop I could never go back.
Livin' With Me

maiylah said...

Hubby and I also maintain one credit card ... honestly, if it's possible at all I don't use them; they're like easy money. So easy to spend, but paying is the hardest part! LOL.

Maiylah's Snippets