Thursday, September 29, 2011

Before you pop a pill...

I was once on crestor, a rosuvastatin brand, to lower my bad cholesterol. It was prescribed to replace Lipitor (Atorvastatin) which has caused me stomach upset and muscle cramps. I was taking crestor for almost a year and I thought that the horrible cramps I have been having was due to my health condition then until I have spoken with a friend who came in for a vacation from the US.
He has been on Crestor for over a year and he noticed that he was also having this unusual and disturbing muscle cramps any time of the day even when at rest. He consulted the matter with his doctor and he was immediately told to discontinue taking Crestor.
I then told my doctor about it and I voluntarily asked him to change my antilipidemic medicine to a subtler brand.
I searched on the issues accompanying Crestor and I found out that it has been linked to some serious side effects. There have been some Crestor lawsuit filed against its manufactured by AztraZeneca.
If you are on Crestor for the some time now and you have noticed some unusual signs and symptoms, it is time to talk to your doctor about it.


Add to Technorati Favorites

0 comments: