Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Karate Chop


I have talked my friend into my friend in to watching Karate Kid with me. It is a remake of the 1984 hit flick now stars Jaden Smith, Jaden Smith and Taraji P. Henson.

I really loved Jaden in his first movie with his dad Will Smith in the Pursuit of HappYness that is why I was excited seeing him showing his acting chops on the silver screen again.

The conflict started when her mom was relocated in China for work. The movie was the typical boy being bullied by his classmates mainly because he got close to a girl.

Jackie Chan (Mr. Han) who is a maintenance man in the building where Smith (Dre) and Henson were staying. As Chan saw the bullying stunt of the Chinese Kids who happened to be Kun Fu experts, he was convinced to teach Dre some Kung Fu. Chan wore poker face all throughout the movie which made him funnier.

He convinced the Kung Fu Master of the bully Kung Fu kids to stay away from Dre until the Kung Fu match.

The movie was very light and funny. Although it involves Kung Fu, it did not involve blood.

However, they should have change the title to Kung Fu kid as it did not involve Karate at all and it was shot in China not in Japan.

I heard that it is now making more than US $60 million dollars in the box office world wide

0 comments: