Sunday, June 17, 2012

Bruised

I had my fourth session of boxing at FIST and I tried to be there as soon as it opened today so I could avail of the member’s 50% boxing rate discount while enjoy coach’s full attention. I tagged along my former co-staff nurse who just resigned for a greener Pasteur. After my second round of pure boxing, my coach talked me into trying Muay Thai. Muay Thai is a martial art developed in Thailand in which blows may be struck with the fists, elbows, knees, and shins. I actually have plans off stepping my boxing training up a notch but not this soon. I am just learning the thread of boxing and picking up my speed but the convincing tactics of my coach seemed to work on me. I began kicking landing my shins on the padded training gear of my coach and as soon as I hit the pad, I felt the hurt. I blurted: is this a form of hazing? I was laughing as I enjoyed throwing punches, hitting the pads with my elbows and shins. Coach was so happy seeing me shed sweat and gasp for air. When the fifth round has ended and after some ab workouts, I hit the shower and noticed a pinkish spot on my right shin. It was painful but I am loving the adrenalin rush through my veins. Add to Technorati Favorites

0 comments: