Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Paranoid over A (H1N1)

I do not know if our company is over reacting to the worldwide pandemic. There has been an implementation of "thermal scanning" of all the employees who will go inside the building.
Each employee should submit himself to temperature monitoring by the guard on duty at the lobby. If your temperature is 37.8 degrees or higher, you shall be sent home or go to an ER for some lab work up. I think it's CBC (complete blood count) to consider dengue which I think is a subtler way of saying: rule out dengue and to consider A(H1N1).
Funny thing is, the digital thermometer seems to be busted. All of the employees who went in got a reading of below 35 degrees, myself included. My teammate's temperature even registered "low".

Add to Technorati Favorites

0 comments: