Thursday, May 21, 2009

I spoke too soon

This is crazy. Just when I thought that I could pull it through the entire graveyard shift, I was sent to the ER.
I was busy typing e-mail and I thought that I was just feeling dizzy so I stopped for a while and closed my eyes. Next thing I know, my office mates were calling upon me.
They said I was shaking and my eyes were kind of rolling (shaking maybe because I was chilling but eyes rolling, IDTS).
Any how, I was sent to the ER. Thank God my friend was also on duty and she brought her car.
ECG and blood test were normal. And I was asked to stay for an hour for observation before I was sent home.
I just remembered that before I felt dizzy, I felt the tingling sensation on my back (for which I am having the physical therapy sessions) and the numbness extended to the back of my head. I have relayed this to the ER doctor before I was discharged.
The doctor told me that the syncope (dizziness) might have been triggered by the back pain and it's okay to continue the rehab and to take pain killer.
The rehab, I continued this morning but the pain killer I skipped. I have so many medications already and I am so concerned about my liver and kidney functions.
I called the clinic this after to request for rehab request forms for my three remaining sessions and the company nurse and the doctor advised me to take a sick leave and rest.
So I am here. Tyring to rest.

Add to <span class=Technorati Favorites">

0 comments: