Friday, November 9, 2007

Pass and Fail

Yesterday, I received 2 text messages from 2 different persons.
First was from kaye, a girl I met some 2 weeks ago during a qualifying psych test in a tertiary hospital here in manila. She said that she saw the list of those who passed the exam in our batch and I was one of those on first priority list. Hurrah!
I texted her back and asked if it were really me and if she has made it also. Sadly, she did not reply.
Having the urge to see the list myself, I went to the hospital early this morning....whoopee! My heart jumped for joy. I am indeed on the list!
Well it's not like I’m already IN but hell, it's a good start coming from the darkness. After our exam, we were advised that they are still processing applicants for February. So it's going to be a minimum of 8 months waiting time to undergo the series of interviews. Honestly, I suck at interviews. I turn out to be a complete nervous wreck no matter how hard I prepare for it.

I’m guessing that this is God’s plan for me. I really wanted to practice my profession but since in this country where licensed health professionals are overworked and underpaid, I decided to keep my call center job until I land a hospital job that will sustain my financial obligations.

Anyways, after checking on the list, I went to the training department to ask if there are still available slots for the hospital’s charity work on November 21st. the very nice lady said there’s none but they need volunteers for the December 12th sked. So I signed up (for the second time). I'm so excited.

The second text that I’ve got was from my classmate who took the stateboard exam for the second time in three months. She did not make it. I'm sad for her. The good thing is, she has a positive outlook in life and she has the money. Unlike me. Ha!

Ranting much? Nah-uh! Today is one of lightest and worry free days I have had for the year. Okay so I won’t discuss the horrendous traffic I got in to on my way home. On the lighter note, I was able to get in the house just in time for Marimar. Aw!


Kampai!

Poor man's Nicole Richie

0 comments: