Saturday, November 24, 2007

Market! Market!

Yesterday, Manang Esther (our reliable house help) and I went to palengke (wet and dry market) nearby to bring the fabric (remember Klopman/Clothman?) to the sewer. The shop was closed so I told Manang for us to be back today but unfortunately, the shop is still closed. I dunno if it's closed shop already. Good thing that there's another tailor shop on the other alley. Whew!
To be sure that I will be getting the right fit and the design that I want for the volunteer uniform, I brought a tailored slacks and blouse.
I have been working for over 7 years already and our company subsidizes our uniform annually. As far as I can remember none of our supposed to be tailored uniforms fit me. They are all terribly ill fitting. While the others are already enjoying their uniforms, I always end up waiting for five or more months to get my altered clothes. The annoying part is, they still don't fit me. That is why I rarely wear uniform in the office. I am a "suki" (frequent customer) of the logbook of non-wearer of uniforms at the lobby guard (harhar)
The cloth the I bought is good for 2 sets of pants and blouses but I preferred to have one set made at this time. I need to see if the tailor will give justice to my Klopman/Clothman.
When we were in the market, I noticed that most of the stalls there are closed. I concluded that it's mainly because the vendors are all on the sidewalks and streets outside the market.


Can you blame them? Why rent a stall when you can have a selling space for free?
It's not the only thing that people here in our place love to do. Aside from having sidewalks as their house extensions, they also love to park their cars on the streets. Ergo, the 2-way streets are reduced to one way, because people are walking on them and they let their working and trash cars lie on both sides of the street. Just imagine the traffic. Only tricycles and bikes could pass through.
This is when I feel lucky for not having a car (LOL)

Poor man's Nicole Richie
photo taken from www.orosa.org

2 comments:

Gellianne said...

Hey, nice shot. You can post pictures like that at wordless wednesday. I like your header. It is nice!

poor man's nicole richie said...

thanks girl! show me the 4-1-1 you naman that i'm still a grasshopper. when it comes to blogging = )